Logbook servicing is a proactive measure to ensure your vehicle is maintained to the manufacturers specifications. A common misconception is that logbook servicing is only needed to satisfy the requirements outlined in the new car warranty, however this should be continued throughout the life of the vehicle. Some benefits of having logbook services conducted at the prescribed intervals are:
- Reduce wear and tear on the important safety systems
- Modern lubricants will clean and protect the engine components from harmful damage
- To ensure conditions set out in the manufacturer new car and extended warranties are met
- Ensure the safe motoring for you, your family and other road users
Elite Brake & Mechanical’s roadworthy inspection service provides customers with comprehensive vehicle inspection services ensuring your safety on the roads.
A roadworthy inspection is required whenever a vehicle is sold, if it’s being re-registered, and to clear some defect notices, Here are some helpful links you may require when buying or selling your vehicle:
- Check if your vehicle is registered
- Transfer of registration forms
- Check if your vehicle is stolen, finance owing or a write off
- When considering the purchase of a new vehicle, our qualified inspectors can assist by providing a comprehensive pre-purchase inspection report. A pre-purchase inspection report will outline any mechanical defects that may be present so there are no hidden surprises once you’ve driven your new purchase away.
If you are planning a road trip, a pre-trip inspection is a great idea to give you peace of mind before hitting the road.
Some of the services we offer:
- Roadworthy certificate inspections
- Brake Safety checks
- Pre-purchase inspections
- Pre-trip inspections
Modern passenger vehicles engines are engineered to be run to the limits of performance and under severe conditions. The internal and external components of these engines have very fine tolerances, even the slightest contamination can cause extreme amounts of damage. Modern lubricants and maintaining your vehicle as per your manufactures logbook servicing are the best way to ensure engine performance, fuel economy and emissions are always at there peak. If your vehicle is running rough, blowing smoke or have an issue you are unsure about our highly trained technicians provide a comprehensive range of engine diagnostic services, including:
- Engine disassembly, inspection and rebuilds
- Engine Reconditioning
- Cylinder compression testing
- Cylinder leak down testing
- Engine modification and performance upgrades
- Misfire inspection and diagnosis
- Cylinder head inspections and reconditioning
- Camshaft timing inspections
- Timing belt repairs and replacement
- Timing chain repairs and replacement
The cooling system is designed to quickly reach and maintain the engine at its operating temperature. This is done by using the cooling system to pump coolant around the engine to be cooled by the radiator as the combustion of fuel, along with friction from moving components means it produces a large amount of heat while in operation. If your vehicle’s cooling system is not correctly maintained it can cause components to degrade, which can cause leaks or wear that may lead to more costly repairs. Here at Elite Brake & Mechanical we check the cooling system during your service to ensure there are no leaks and that coolant levels and the glycol concentration is correct.
- Cooling system pressure testing
- Radiator repairs and replacement
- Heater core repairs and replacement
- Head gasket replacement
- Cooling system flushing
- Thermostat testing and repair
Modern vehicles are now built with advanced electrical systems tasked with controlling a wide range of features some of these include but not limited to: Engine management systems, Transmission control, Cooling systems, Starting and Charging, ABS and TCS, HVAC, Interior and exterior Lighting, Multimedia, Anti Theft, Restraint control. As auto electrical systems continue to develop to allow more driver safety and comfort, so does the training, knowledge and tools needed to diagnose and repair faults and errors. At Elite Brake & Mechanical, we take pride in continuous training and development together with manufactures and our suppliers to have the latest technology and equipment to allow accurate and efficient diagnosis and repair. Some of the auto electrical services we offer are:
- Engine Management diagnosis, repair, upgrade, modification and replacement
- All vehicle module diagnosis and repair
- Battery testing and replacement
- Starter motor and alternator testing, reconditioning and replacement
- Warning light and error code diagnosis for all modules
- Module programming
- Lighting system repairs and upgrades
BRAKE REPAIRS & INSPECTION
The braking system is a critical safety feature that is made up of many mechanical, hydraulic and electrical components which all require regular servicing and maintenance. Our technicians and modern workshop are equipped with the latest diagnostic and service equipment which allows us to be the market leader within the automotive industry. We offer the following services:
- ABS, TSC and other electrical brake system maintenance, diagnosis and repair
- Brake pad and rotor inspection, machining and replacement
- Hydraulic brake system testing, service and replacement
- Brake component overhaul and reconditioning
Figuring out how to get the most out of your vehicle is more like buying a tailored suit than buying clothes off the rack. For this reason, we would rather discuss the details of performance upgrades for your specific vehicle and needs, than provide you with a list of standard performance upgrade services.
If you're looking to get a bit more out of your vehicle, contact one of our friendly staff today!
EXHAUST REPAIRS AND REPLACEMENT
The exhaust system is responsible for directing harmful gases away from the passenger compartment of your vehicle and controls the sound levels produced by the engine.
Modern exhaust systems have highly sophisticated filters, injection systems and electronics which all need to be maintained and serviced regularly to help reduce your greenhouse gas emissions and optimise fuel economy and performance.
Having your exhaust checked over during an inspection can prevent your vehicle becoming unroadworthy or potentially deadly by identifying any defects or maintenance required before it becomes a major issue.
At Elite Brake & Mechanical we can supply, repair, service and modify exhaust systems to all makes and models of light and commercial vehicles.
STEERING, SUSPENSION & TYRES
The suspension system is most commonly known to provide a smooth ride however more importantly it ensues the driver has the maximum tyre contact with the road enhancing control under all road and weather conditions.
Modern steering systems are extremely complex designs that have a major influence in optimising fuel economy in addition to increasing comfort and safety while minimising driver effort.
Steering and suspension components are prone to degradation due to the level of stress and temperature they are subjected to on a daily basis.
We can assist our customers with a range of steering and suspension services, including the following:
- Shock absorbers and spring replacement
- Wheel balancing and alignment
- Suspension bush replacement
- Hydraulic power steering servicing, repairs, reconditioning and replacement
- Steering and suspension diagnosis, Repair and maintenance
- Electronic steering system servicing, diagnosis, repair and maintenance
- 4X4 lift kits and upgrades
- Modified and lowering suspension systems
When it comes to keeping your vehicle safely on the road, the tyres that are chosen and fitted are highly important. This includes the tread pattern of the tyres, as this has a direct effect on vehicle performance when out on the road.
If you are unsure of the tyres that are best suited to your vehicle's make and model, it is always a good idea to check with a licensed professional first.
At Elite Brake & Mechanical, our highly trained technicians have several decades of combined automotive experience. This means that when it comes to selecting the best tyres for your vehicle, our team have the experience and knowledge to provide you with the best solution.
For all car, light truck or 4x4 tyres, please give our experienced team a call today or book online.
CLUTCHES & TRANSMISSION
The clutch and transmission system in your vehicle will be either manual or automatic and is responsible for connecting the engine to the transmission. At Elite Brake & Mechanical, we recommend that the clutch and transmission system receive regular inspection and preventative maintenance, to ensure that it continues to operate trouble-free well into the future. At our modern workshop in Oakleigh South, we provide customers with the following range of clutch and transmission services:
- Repairs and replacement
- Manual transmissions
- Automatic transmissions
- Constant velocity joints